SeroLife® is a 5-dimensional daily probiotic supplement that delivers a boost of “beneficial” bacteria where your body needs it most — your digestive and immune system.
According to the currently adopted definition by the World Health Organization, probiotics are “live microorganisms which when administered in adequate amounts confer a health benefit on the host”.
Each bottle of SeroLife® contains 60 VCaps veggie capsules. Each capsule contains 1 billion health-friendly live bacteria!
*FREE with select PayPass Club memberships
Benefits of SeroLife® Probiotic
Experiments into the benefits of probiotic therapies suggest a range of potentially beneficial medicinal uses for probiotics. For many of the potential benefits, research is limited and only preliminary results are available. It should be noted that the effects described are not general effects of probiotics. Recent research on the molecular biology and genomics of Lactobacillus has focused on the interaction with the immune system, anti-cancer potential, and potential as a biotherapeutic agent in cases of antibiotic-associated diarrhea, travelers’ diarrhea, pediatric diarrhea, inflammatory bowel disease and irritable bowel syndrome.
All effects can only be attributed to the strain(s) tested, not to the species, nor to the whole group of LAB (or other probiotics).
As lactic acid bacteria actively convert lactose into lactic acid, ingestion of certain active strains may help lactose intolerant individuals tolerate more lactose than what they would have otherwise. In practice probiotics are not specifically targeted for this purpose, as most are relatively low in lactase activity as compared to the normal yogurt bacteria.
In laboratory investigations, some strains of LAB have demonstrated anti-mutagenic effects thought to be due to their ability to bind with heterocyclic amines, which are carcinogenic substances formed in cooked meat. Animal studies have demonstrated that some LAB can protect against colon cancer in rodents, though human data is limited and conflicting. Most human trials have found that the strains tested may exert anti-carcinogenic effects by decreasing the activity of an enzyme called ß-glucuronidase (which can generate carcinogens in the digestive system). Lower rates of colon cancer among higher consumers of fermented dairy products have been observed in some population studies.
Animal studies have demonstrated the efficacy of a range of LAB to be able to lower serum cholesterol levels, presumably by breaking down bile in the gut, thus inhibiting its reabsorption (which enters the blood as cholesterol). Some, but not all human trials have shown that dairy foods fermented with specific LAB can produce modest reductions in total and LDL cholesterol levels in those with normal levels to begin with, however trials in hyperlipidemic subjects are needed.
Several small clinical trials have shown that consumption of milk fermented with various strains of LAB can result in modest reductions in blood pressure. It is thought that this is due to the ACE inhibitor-like peptides produced during fermentation.
LAB are thought to have several presumably beneficial effects on immune function. They may protect against pathogens by means of competitive inhibition (i.e., by competing for growth) and there is evidence to suggest that they may improve immune function by increasing the number of IgA-producing plasma cells, increasing or improving phagocytosis as well as increasing the proportion of Tlymphocytes and Natural Killer cells.
Clinical trials have demonstrated that probiotics may decrease the incidence of respiratory tract infections and dental caries in children. LAB foods and supplements have been shown to be effective in the treatment and prevention of acute diarrhea, and in decreasing the severity and duration of rotavirus infections in children and travelers’ diarrhea in adults.
Probiotic bacteria which arrive dead to your intestinal tract, regardless of their quantity, are useless. Each SeroLife® probiotic VCaps capsule contains one billion live organisms, and is made to survive stomach acids and deliver probiotics directly to your intestinal tract where they work to keep your intestinal flora balanced.
- Maintains a healthy beneficial gut flora
- May help foster health and immunity
- May reduce inflammation
- May help to lower blood pressure and cholesterol
- May help to enhance the overall function of your digestive tract
- May be ideal for use after certain medications that destroy good bacteria
- May improve immune system function
- May be used to manage lactose intolerance
Two daily capsules of our top-grade SeroLife® contains 5 beneficial probiotic strands for optimal digestion:
- Lactobacillus acidophilus — The most common of all the probiotic strings. This strand helps break down lactose and is perfect for IBS sufferers.
- Bifidobacteria longum — one of the most important residents in the human gastrointestinal tract, B. longum keeps the digestive system running smoothly, blocks the growth of harmful bacteria, and boosts the immune system. The organism ferments sugars into lactic acid and has many health benefits for humans and is often the dominant bacterium found in humans.
- Bifidobacteria bifidum — has been used to maintain or restore a normal, healthy condition in the intestines.
- Lactobacillus casei (L-casei) — As a lactic acid producer, it has been found to assist in the propagation of desirable bacteria. This particular species of lactobacillus is documented to have a wide pH and temperature range, and complements the growth of L. acidophilus, a producer of the enzyme amylase (a carbohydrate-digesting enzyme). It is known to improve digestion and reduce lactose intolerance and constipation.
- Lactobacillus helveticus — stimulates the immune and digestive system, controls diarrhea, reduces lactose intolerance and inhibits unfriendly bacteria. In the studies conducted on post-menopausal women by the University of Helsinki, L. helveticus proved to have significant effects on bone density and in preventing trabecular bone loss when compared to other milk products that did not contain the organism.
2 capsules daily, preferably on an empty stomach.